The Big Timber Evangelical Church traces its beginning back to 1925 when a small group of Christians began to pray about founding a church to better minister to the community. By 1929 this group had purchased a small piece of property on the corner of 3rd and Bramble Street and began laying the foundation for a facility to house the church. Initially, the church family met in the basement until enough money was saved to complete the main floor sanctuary.
Over nearly 90 years the church has had an ongoing ministry in the community which came as a result of great sacrifice on the part of those early church founders. This church has always held as its core values a strong Biblical focus, prayer, a deep love for each other, and ongoing ministry in its community and world.
Today, these core values can still be seen in the church family. What began with a handful of people stepping out in faith is now a church family of nearly 200 individuals gathering together for worship and spiritual growth each Sunday morning.
Our prayer is that we will honor God in what we do and say, and that we will faithfully serve Him by serving others through caring ministry and a powerful life witness.