Dear Church Family and Friends,
We are praying for you during this time when face-to-face and group meetings are being limited. In fact, we want to invite you to join us for an online prayer meeting using software called Zoom. There are links below to join the meeting. I am also posting more detailed instructions and links to a short video below.
Our interns JR Nance and Corban Erbele will continue to connect with Jr. High and High School students via technology. They can move some small groups online and are exploring other possibilities.
Daily Zoom Meeting Schedule
In an attempt to stay connected and encourage each other we are going to be having online zoom meetings everyday Mon-Thur for our students. This is just a time to see your friends, have some fun and hopefully find some encouragement.
– Grades k-5 @ 11-00
– Grades 6-8 @ 1:00
– Grades 9-12 @ 2:00
Watch your emails for daily links to these hang-outs and please know that participating in these not only helps you but is a way for you to help and encourage others. The first meetings will be tomorrow, Thursday, March 19th. We will send out the link each day by 10:00 am.
Our Sunday services will still happen online during both service times at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. Fellowship will have to happen in your own home, but the church is never about “the building.” The church is here, there, and everywhere represented by every person who trusts in Jesus. And that being the case, we want to encourage you to be the church, the body of Christ.
So what does it look like to “be the church” rather than just go to church?
- The church prays. We pray together when possible and we pray individually at all times.
- The church stays faithful. We spend time in God’s Word (Psalms 1:2). We ask for God’s wisdom (James 1:5).
- The church serves. We look for opportunities to love others (Mark 10:42-45). (Run errands, shovel snow, check in on people, other…)
- The church connects. All of us can pick up the phone and talk to others. Think old school, i.e., written letters, phone… And think new school, i.e., texting, social media, FaceTime…
- The church sees the bigger picture. When the world is falling apart, we see God working in the background. Think of Joseph in the Old Testament (Genesis 37-50) who went through terrible circumstances and yet was used by God to save people and nations.
- The church stays positive. “Count it all joy” in times of trial (James 1:2-4). We don’t count the trials as joyful. We just remember that the Joy of the Lord is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10) and not our circumstances.
Big Timber Evangelical Church is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom prayer meeting. Feel free to forward this email to others. You can join via smartphone, tablet, or computer. Landlines also work. Just dial one of the phone numbers below and when prompted, put in the Meeting ID. Everything you need to know follows.
Topic: Big Timber Evangelical Church’s Online Prayer Meeting
This is an online event. Try to join us. If for some reason you have problems getting connected feel free to pray on your own and then contact us and we can try to help set you up for our next event.
Time: Today, Mar 18, 2020, 7:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting – Just click on this link a few minutes before 7:00 pm and you can begin walking through steps to join in on our prayer meeting.
Meeting ID: 306 804 4825
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,3068044825# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,3068044825# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 306 804 4825
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetpfnTyJm